Sunday, September 13, 2009

Looking For Alaska by John Green


Alot of people recommended that I read this book, so I figured why not? I really enjoyed reading it, so the frequent praise it received proved itself true. The main reason that I loved this book was that it was realistic. It deals with real life situations and highlights some possible effects of making poor decisions. An author can have the best story line ever, but if the characters aren't well developed, then the story suffers. In this case, John Green did an excellent job of creating life-like characters. The relationships they share, and the connections they have were exciting to read about. I also really liked how the book was set up. The first half was the "Before" section, while the second half was the "After" section. The beginning describes life before a traumatic accident, and the ending shows the effect the accident had on the lives of people. Looking for Alaska was a very enjoyable book to read, and it went by pretty quickly. I couldn't put it down, and I recommend it to realistic fiction lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment