Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Dry - Finished
I finally finished this book and to be honest, I'm glad it's over. There was nothing wrong with the book - it was fine, I just like to read things that are more suspenseful, "can't put this down" type of books. This was a "sweet" story and it made me sort of sad that it was a memoir. To known that someone actually struggled this much and had such a hard life made me appreciate mine more. I was disappointed with Augusten toward the end of the book though, because he relapsed and started drinking again. Alcohol wasn't the only thing he gave in to, he also started doing other drugs to ease the pain of his friend's death. He was trying to cope with this death, and felt bad that he hadn't been there for his friend once he found out his friend had AIDS. Augusten had alot of regrets in his life. I liked the ending though, because it finished with Augusten believing his friend was sending him messages from heaven. This gave him a sense of hope, which I think he really needed. All in all, this was a good story but not my favorite genre. I recommend it for people who like realistic fiction or memoirs. Hopefully for my next book I'll read something more exciting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment