Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dry by Augusten Burroughs

This book is not a thriller, and frankly it is not exciting at all. It is more of a story that someone would tell about their life. This is because it is a story about someone's life - it's a memoir. Augusten was doing so well after getting out of rehab; he didn't have any urges to drink and he cleaned himself up really well. I was proud of him until he agreed to meet his friend Jim at a restaurant with a bar. Jim convinced him that it was a nice restaurant, and guilted Augusten into going. I was angry with Jim because he wasn't helping Augusten with his problem, rather it seemed he was rubbing alcohol in his face. It worried me that Augusten was weakened by Jim and could have started drinking again, but I was proud that he decided to leave when it got to be too difficult for him. This is sort of a slow reader for me because I am not really all that excited to sit down and read it. It's a nice story though.

No comments:

Post a Comment