Thursday, January 28, 2010

Quarter Three: Dry by Augusten Burroughs


This book is different from anything that I've read in a while, it's a memoir. It's a true story based on things that actually happened. I am so used to reading fiction books that this one is a nice change of pace. It is not as exciting as the other books I've read this year, which is why I am reading it at a slower pace. There isn't really any suspense with this book, it just tells an unfortunate story of an alcoholic and how the drug ruined his life. It is a very powerful book and I was happy when Augusten finally realized that he was an alcoholic and drank way too much. I like how the book is written, I can hear his voice come through. He is not afraid to write what he is thinking, even if it includes a curse here and there. But in a way that makes the book more real for me. I don't think this book is going to pick up any more, but I am looking forward to seeing how Augusten gets over his addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment