Thursday, January 7, 2010

Catching Fire

Collins does not disappoint in her second novel, Catching Fire. As I continue to read, more surprising things occur. The Capitol is still mad at Katniss for challenging their power and making them look weak during the Hunger Games. She found a way for both her and Peeta to survive by almost committing a Romeo-Juliet type suicide involving poison berries. The Capitol hates Katniss for this, and they also tracked her post Hunger Games. They found out that she has another guy friend, Gale and is aware of the fact that he kissed her. Now, they know that Katniss had been pretending to love Peeta the entire time, which is another act of defiance on her part. As Katniss and Peeta now go on tour to the different districts to accept awards and give speeches, Katniss is in a tough place. The Capitol is executing anyone who supports her or follows her lead. This is done to prevent uprisings and revolutions. I feel bad for Katniss because she is obviously very confused, feeling guilty and under a lot of pressure. Still, I can't put this book down and I can't wait until I can read some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment