Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky



This book was interesting because it was a common plot, yet written in a different light. It is the story about a teenage boy going through high school, and all the troubles he faces. The book had many relatable components since I am a teenager in high school as well, which made it nice to read. The thing that made this book different is that it was written in the form of letters to an unknown receiver. The person never wrote back, he or she just kept receiving letters that explained everything that was going on in Charlie's life. I could really get an image of Charlie's personality from the way he wrote his letters. He seemed sort of unaware of certain things and like a sensitive, kind kid. He also seemed to be a "newbie" with the whole high school experience. Something else that I also really liked about this book was the fact that it was a quick read. I was able to finish it in 2 days which was a change. The only negative I have about this book was that the ending was sort of confusing. I didn't really understand who Charlie was writing to even after I finished the story. It was an easy, relaxing read. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to finish a book quickly and likes realistic fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment