Thursday, December 31, 2009

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins


This is the second book in the series - the first book being "The Hunger Games". I absolutely loved the Hunger Games, it was unusual and like nothing I'd ever read. I couldn't put it down and I finished it really quickly. Again, the idea of the story was disturbing, yet somehow it gripped me. At the end of the first book, Katniss and Peeta found a way to BOTH win the Hunger Games. They both survived, but the government felt that they were challenging them, so they became furious. Now, in Catching Fire, Peeta and Katniss are living with their newly received wealth and are happy to be reunited with their families. Also, a tour is going on for the victors around the country. This book is just as good, if not better than the first book and I love it. I can't wait to keep reading and see what other twists Suzanne Collins throws in.

No comments:

Post a Comment