My friend kept saying that this was THE BEST BOOK EVER! She told me like 20 times, so finally I said it was time that I decide for myself. I asked to borrow her copy and at first I was not convinced. The plot was weird and disturbing to me. It takes place in the future because the technology was very advanced with hovercrafts and medicine that heals any wound or blemish possible. There were also new species of crossbred vicious animals. Anyway, the technology was futuristic, but somehow it seemed backwards. People were starving and had to hunt to stay alive. This seemed like older survival techniques to me. The part that was most disturbing were the actual "Hunger Games." 24 children are chosen each year, and are forced to play. They are placed in an arena and have to kill each other. The last person standing wins, and gets alot of money and food. I thought this was beyond horrific, but somehow it gripped me. It was oddly interesting and Collins wrote it really well. I got really into the story and I loved it. I couldn't put it down and I can't wait to read the second book that just came out. Also, I finished this book really quickly - it was a quick and interesting read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment