Thursday, December 3, 2009

Angels and Demons - 3/4 done

This book continues to get better. The more I read, the harder it is to stop. The plot is incredibly exciting and creative. Dan Brown somehow finds a way to incorporate religious ideology with mystery, murder and love. Angels and Demons is very similar to his other work, The Da Vinci Code which includes similar ideas. In a way, I think I like Angels and Demons better than the Da Vinci Code. This book is more straightforward and focuses mainly on one story - finding the murderer and the explosives before Vatican City is blown up. In the Da Vinci Code, there were sort of two stories going on at the same time, but in the end they were pulled together. I only really liked one of the stories and the other one confused me. Since this book doesn't have a side story, I find it more enjoyable to read. I'm about 3/4 done with this book so far, and there have already been a minimum of 5 murders. People tell me this book only gets better as you get further into it. I don't know what other twist Brown could possibly throw in, but I am excited to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment