Thursday, November 5, 2009
The Memory Keeper's Daughter
To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of this book. I think the story line is good and it has potential to be really interesting, but Kim Edwards does not achieve this. She is overly descriptive which is very annoying to me. While description is a good thing, she describes things to an extreme and finds the need to include every single detail about everything. I find it distracting and frankly boring to read. I drift off very easily because of this and can't stay focused on the book. As a result, I have been reading this book at a slower pace than normal. In addition, Kim Edwards describes all the different characters that come into the book, which is good. On the bad side, though, she always seems to write about flashbacks in the person's life. Sometimes this is confusing to me because I don't know where the person is at the time, or what they're doing. Overall, I like the idea of the book. I just wish it was more straightforward with less "fluff". I'm having some difficulty getting through it enjoyably, but hopefully it will get better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment